I recently sew two pouches from fabric that I was about to throw away. I took leather from my faux leather skirt which I wore Here. The skirt had gotten small and instead of throwing it away I decided to make something useful out of it. I also did a dIY box organization for accessories from a phone box.
Aim was to make it as unique as possible, which I achieved by adding a frayed denim on leather.
– Tape Measure.
– Thread and Needle.
1. Measure the length and width of your phone then using a scissors cut the leather material according to your phone measurements.
2. Turn the leather material inside-out and sew the edges, leaving the top part open.
3. Measure and cut-out denim that will be the closure of the pouch.
4. Sew the denim piece on the the pouch. Sew a button on the pouch, on the opposite side.
5. Create a hole at near of the denim piece, that will be for the button lock.
Aim was to make a small bag that can be used to put in all the small items carried in a handbag, like make-up, sanitary towels, Vaseline e.t.c
1. Measure and cut out the fabric to desirable size. In my case I used leather as the outer material and Ankara as the inner material. The width cut out should not be wider than the zip to be used.
2. Sew the two fabrics together with the zip on the top part. Sew on the inside part of the zip.
3. Sew the the edges to close the remaining openings. While sewing ensure the zip open.
Lipstick and Ring box.
Aim was to recycle the box which was the package of my phone when I bought it. Also to have an organized closet where I can easily find a ring or lipstick without turning my closet upside down.
Thank You for stopping by. Have a Creative and Fun Weekend. Toodles!